The advantage of setting up a single family office is that, if done right, it maximizes financial flexibility, privacy, and control. A successful family office also acknowledges the critical role that family members and third-party professional relationships can play in the endeavor, and supports them with quality infrastructure, processes, and long-term stewardship of family assets.
We started as a single family office in 1928. Providing investment and advisory services to a select number of family offices is rooted firmly in our DNA. Furthermore, unlike many other wealth management firms, we are happy to serve in a complementary role, allowing family members to set their desired level of control.
Whether you are contemplating establishing a family office, or already have one in place, regulatory pressures and other complexities are raising the bar for families of means. Many are finding it increasingly cost-prohibitive and impractical to operate an office on their own, and are looking for ways to increase efficiencies, gain access to talent, and improve decision-making.
Our size offers you the benefit of economies of scale that are imbedded in our advisory, planning, and trust services platform, without losing the personal touch. As fiduciaries, we work on your family’s behalf, allowing your family to remain as active in decision-making as it wishes to be.
We would welcome the opportunity to discuss the following family office services with you:
- Customized asset allocation, investment oversight, reporting, and risk management
- Investment strategy, enhanced by deep relationships with, and in-depth due diligence of, leading global asset management firms
- Wealth planning services, including goal-setting, cash flow planning, and intergenerational wealth transfer
- Financial education and mentoring for family members
- Trust and trust advisory services
- Participation by North American Management at regular family meetings
- Administrative support for charitable foundations
- Coordination, support, and/or oversight of your family’s other key advisers
We customize our services and infrastructure to accomodate your needs, helping you rationalize the economics of running a family office for the benefit of current and future generations.
For further information, please contact Robert G. Scott, Chairman & CEO.