ADVICE ON YOUR TERMS
It is possible to live a happy life without great wealth. It is also true that great wealth, if managed poorly, can have unexpected ripple effects across families and generations. The decisions you make today about your retirement, long-term care, and personal legacy could have a direct impact on expected outcomes down the road.
At North American Management, we take stewardship of your financial well-being as a personal responsibility. We show it in several ways:
We begin the process by designing a comprehensive, goals-based wealth management plan. Our advisers assess your current financial situation and discuss your goals. We help raise awareness about risk tolerance and the need to assume certain levels of risk to accomplish your goals. As part of this critical first step, we pay close attention to your long-term financial needs as well as more pressing daily questions, including business succession planning, second-home purchases, paying for college, and elder care — to name only a few.
Taxes have an important effect on financial outcomes. We carefully assess your personal tax exposure, both here and abroad. We stay on top of regulatory developments, and keep you informed of any action items that need to be addressed, including the following:
- Complex and changing tax regimes that can be hazardous to your wealth.
- Nuances in trust laws that could have a major influence on your ability to accomplish your goals.
- Changing personal situations, which may require adjusting your tax strategy.
Planning for efficient wealth transfer
Passing wealth to future generations is often a major objective for North American Management’s clients. With decades of experience advising families on these matters, often across multiple generations, we ensure your affairs are handled following your wishes.
- We work with each client’s network of tax and legal advisers, helping integrate tax, estate planning, fiduciary, and investment matters into a cohesive, comprehensive estate plan.
- By having a written plan in place before you make any investment decisions, you can be confident that the strategies managed at North American Management are aligned with your long-term financial objectives.
Gifting and philanthropy
You want to craft a gifting plan that reflects your values, and preserves your desired lifestyle. Our tax and investment specialists are available to advise you on these initiatives, and to create a plan that supports your goals.
When needed, they also can provide personalized, multi-generational financial education, so when it is time to make the transition, your family will clearly understand and embrace what you want to accomplish with your legacy. The interaction between family members regarding philanthropic vision can give us valuable insights on how to make any necessary adjustments to your plan over time.
Once your plan is set in motion, we’ll ask you to define how to best communicate with you.
- Whether by phone, email, our client portal, or in-person meetings, you can expect to receive regular, proactive communications and personalized service from North American Management.
- Formal reviews are scheduled at your convenience, but we recommend they occur at least annually.